Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Interlude- The Joy of the Spraygun

When I was first buying kit for getting back into WH40k I bought the Citadel Spraygun and propellant. I'd read mixed reviews, the majority positive, with the main caveat to remember this was a spray gun  NOT an airbrush.

Well I'd never used it but got my first opportunity the other day not for a tank or gunship but a Halloween costume. Tommy & Katie had talked for weeks about they wanted to dress up as for Halloween, Daleks, Slitheen, Cybermen were all mooted. In the end we persuaded Tommy to dress up as the Eleventh Doctor and Katie to go as a Weeping Angel.

Jane organised the costumes. The angel was made from a sheet cold dyed grey and turned into a robe, lots of grey theatrical make-up and a large pair of plastic white angel wings we go online. I undercoated these with GW chaos black primer and then used the spray gun with codex grey. The effect was fantastic and Katie won best costume at her school Halloween dance.

I'm inspired to use the spray gun now. I've got a Valkyrie kit for my Elysians and quite fancy some desert camo on it. Sorry about the pics, don't know why Jane can't manage to focus when taking a shot.




I've also just taken delivery of a squad of Mk 3 Marines and a Contemptor dreadnaught. They'll be getting the Imperial Fists treatment eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment